1. There are only two of us in this household right now. Don’t get me wrong, we want kiddos. But I love only have two wardrobes that I’m in charge of washing, folding and putting away.
2. We have a beautiful brand new washer and dryer. Doing laundry has always been a chore I enjoyed (except the putting away part), until we loved to our apartment and I had to use the tiniest, slowest, least efficient washer and dryer on the planet. Thank you, in-laws, for this wonderful, wonderful gift.
3. I work from home. Yes, it was awful to go on a bunch of interviews for jobs I wasn’t really qualified for and yes, it was awful to not get them. And yes, I only work part time right now, but I am happy I am home to work on the house and do laundry and cook dinner, and I am happy that I am working, doing something I love, from a home that I love. How blessed am I?
4. Hubs and I are taking a break tonight. We worked all weekend on the house, and we got a lot done. Nothing major, but a lot of progress on small, time-consuming projects. So tonight after dinner, we’re doing nothing but chilling on the couch and planning future projects. No working, except whoever gets up to get the dessert.
5. The internet. I love having the world at my fingertips. How awesome is it that we grew up in the digital age. It makes me wonder what sort of awesomeness our kiddos will have at their fingertips.
6. Our own little dreams come true. Hubs and I are married, happy, healthy and living in a home we own. Wow. Talk about blessed!
For more of my thankfulness, check out my list of blessings and happy things here.