We finally got around to doing some shopping for our bedroom and had decent luck, all things considered.
(We accidentally went to the mall during the tax-free weekend. Yikes.)
We bought a mattress protector for our new mattress. Nothing fancy there, but it’s a necessity.
(It’s to protect our new mattress, which we scored for a great deal on Groupon.)
Then, we finally found a couple decor items for on top of the tall dresser in there.
I’ve been wanting to get a big vase that would fill the space between the top of the dresser and ceiling. But, I’m kind of picky. I’m also find of cheap.
These two white milk-bottle inspired pieces from Target fit both of those needs.
They are funky enough to be unique, but classic enough to seem more modest and less attention-grabbing. (Some of the ones we looked at were just more flashy than we needed.)
Here’s how they look with a bit more styling. I added in some of our other decor items, for good measure.
Needless to say, I’m not sure how it will end up, and I’ve moved things around a few times already.
Here’s the list:
- Make a new bed (This is a big one!)
- Hang curtains (in progress)
- Add/redecorate with accessories.
- New bedding (I want something soft, white and fluffy, like a luxurious hotel, at least that’s what I’m thinking right now.) (We have a beautiful quilt too, which I’d love to use more as an accent.)
- New nightstand for Wyatt’s side of the bed
- Some sort of bench or chair for putting on shoes
- Some sort of basket to keep the throw pillows in when they aren’t on the bed
- Artwork (Either make some of hang up some things we already have.)
Tell me what updates are on your list. Do you want to spruce up a bedroom? Bathroom? How about a kitchen? I’d love to hear what’s on your list!