Since we’re always brainstorming and daydreaming about how to make our house even more awesome (not to brag, we just really love living here!), I thought I’d go ahead and make a list of all the projects around the house that we are currently hoping/planning to tackle. I’m sure a bunch of other stuff will be added to our to-do list as we work through the ones I list here.
Replace the front glass door Replace the basement door
- Increase the size of the outside storage shed
Whitewash the fireplace
- Replace and enlarge the back deck
- Personalize the front porch, make the space more functional
- Paint the walls and trim in the basement
- Add a shower to the basement bathroom
- Remodel the hall bathroom
- Remodel the master bathroom
- Scrape the ceilings in the basement?
- Scrape the remaining popcorn ceilings upstairs?
- Buy/make furniture to define living spaces in the basement
- Add more/better artwork to all areas
- Convert the chair room into a bedroom
- Convert the upstairs guest bedroom into a nursery (not yet, people!)
Add drapes to all the necessary rooms upstairs
- Replace the kitchen cabinets and freshen up the layout
Build the kitchen table
- Refinish the chairs.
- Replace/add to the hardwood floors
- Get an area rug for the living room.
- Repair/seal/cover the cracks in the back patio
- Landscaping–enough said
- Make the attic more usable and fix the drop-down door
- Add more storage to the laundry room
- Replace the doors in the basement to match the ones upstairs
- Replace the not-yet-replaced lighting fixtures
- Built in bookcases…somewhere…
- Finish the Master Bedroom with new furniture and design plan
- Get a better reading chair for the office
Make a headboard for the guest room
- Find/remake a better storage solution for the living room (new entertainment area, new coffee table, etc.)
- Find/make a table for the area by the stairs
- Find/make a runner for the entryway/add storage,
Ok, that’s all for now, guys, although it’s always a work in progress. I can’t wait to get back to work and start crossing things off! Good luck to us, huh?
What about you? What’s top on your House-To-Do-List? Do you have a Master Plan?